Deerfield Park District
COVID-19 Community Update on Park District Operations
January 19, 2021
As we have moved into Phase 4 Tier 2 Mitigations of the Restore Illinois Plan effective January 18, 2021, we are providing updates to park district operations, facility use and programming.
Park District Indoor Recreation Programs:
- Indoor recreation programs scheduled to be held on-site will resume the week of January 25. All currently enrolled participants will be contacted by the program supervisor to provide updated details.
- Virtual programs will continue as scheduled.
The preschool program resumed on Monday, January 4, 2021.
Our Remote Enrichment Care Program will continue to operate.
Jewett Park Community Center Registration Desk:
- In-person Registration – The Jewett Park Community Center registration office is available for in-person registration Monday through Friday from 9am – 5pm. No appointment is required. Face masks are required for entry into the building.
- New this Year – Online Preschool Registration – Online and walk-in registration for the 2021-2022 preschool school year for new students began January 18, 2021. *There is no lottery this year. The first monthly tuition payment is due at the time of registration. The total amount of the first monthly tuition payment is a non-refundable and non-transferable deposit. The remaining tuition may be paid in full at the time of registration or in eight monthly payments beginning July 1, 2021, through February 1, 2022.
Skate Park, Dog Park, Outdoor Shelters and Ice Skating Rinks:
- Gatherings are limited to 10 or fewer people.
- Face coverings are required when visiting these amenities.
We encourage all park visitors to wear face coverings.
Patty Turner Center:
Onsite programs will resume on February 1. Registration will be required. We are continuing to offer virtual programs. Contact the Patty Turner Center at 847-940-4010 for more information on how to register for on-site programs.
Sachs Recreation Center:
Face coverings are required for the entire duration of your visit.
Fitness Center (Fitness Floors, Weight Rooms and Track) –
- Reservations required for use.
- We can now operate at 50% capacity.
Lap Swim –
- Reservations required for lap swim.
Rhythmic Gymnastics – Programs begin January 23. Register Now!
Gymnasium Use – Rentals are available for groups of up to 10 for non-contact low-risk level activities. Reservations required
Outdoor Group Exercise Classes – Reservations required with a group size maximum of 10 people.
Personal Training – Reservations required for 1 on 1 sessions only.
Locker Rooms and Showers – Closed
Further information on programs and services will be updated on the district’s website. We appreciate your compliance.