Registration Form Reminders
- Print legibly in ink.
- Read the registration form carefully; fill it out completely, including class names, activity code numbers and sections.
- Once a registration form is submitted, it cannot be changed. Please come to the registration office and we will assist you with changes.
- Please let us know at the time of your registration of any medical condition that requires staff attention.
- If you fax in your form, please do not send a duplicate by mail. Fax number: 847-945-0699
- Mail it / Drop it off: Deerfield Park District, 836 Jewett Park Dr, Deerfield (convenient drop boxes are available)
- Payment may be made by check or Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express credit cards. If paying by credit card, please make sure all information, including the account number, expiration date and cardholder’s signature is completed on the registration form.
- Do not use cash if you drop off your registration in the drop box.
- An adult participant, parent or guardian must sign the waiver on the bottom of the registration form. It is mutually understood that the faxed registration document, including the waiver and release of all claims, shall substitute for and have the same legal effect as the original form.
You may register online for most activities. Web registration is quick and convenient. You can view real-time availability and save time!
- First time registering online? Create a household account online. Within two business days, you will receive an e-mail confirmation with your temporary user ID and password, which you can change the first time you log in. Proof of residence will be required to receive resident rates.
- New to online registration? If you’ve signed up for park district programs in the past, you already have an account. Visit the registration website and enter your e-mail address to have a reminder sent via e-mail. If you have changed e-mail addresses, or if you still need assistance, contact us or call 847-945-0650 and we’ll be happy to help you.
- Who is eligible? Any household with a valid email address is eligible to register online. For Deerfield Park District residents to receive resident rates, proof of residence is required.
- What programs are available to register for online? The majority of park district programs are available online, with a few exceptions. These are programs that may require tryouts, prerequisites or prior instructor approval.
- Will I know right away if I get in? Yes. Online registration works in real time, so as soon as you complete the payment process and receive a confirmation email, your enrollment is confirmed. If a class is full, you may join the waitlist online.
- To add or make changes to your household account (names, birth dates, grades, etc.) please call or contact the registration office.
Pay Your Balance Online
You can pay your balance online using the registration website. This includes camp balances, prepayment for next year’s preschool, additional fees or waitlist enrollments. After you log in, just click on the “My Account” menu at the top of the screen, then click on “Pay Old Balance”. You can choose which items you want to pay by clicking the shopping cart icon, then follow the normal checkout procedure.
Lottery Registration for camps and preschool
As some of our camps and preschool classrooms fill quickly, we encourage participants to register by the published lottery deadline (see current seasonal brochure for details). This gives all our residents an equal opportunity to register for camps and preschool. To be included in the random computerized lottery, your registration must be received at the park district by the published deadline. For your convenience, you may mail, drop off or fax your registration form, or register online.
- Payment is due in full at the time of registration unless otherwise indicated.
- You may pay all fees with one check made out to the Deerfield Park District or by credit card. Please indicate the payment breakdown and include your telephone number.
- Do not mail cash!
- All fax registrations must be paid by credit card. Please be sure to sign the registration form and fill out the payment information in it’s entirety.
Those who register for Park District programs and improperly use a Deerfield address are removed from the class and no refund or transfer fee is provided. Non-residents pay a higher fee per program. Note: Non-residents are not eligible for resident fees even if their caretaker, provider, or relative resides in Deerfield.
Proof of Deerfield Park District Residency Status
To receive “Resident” rates and priority in registration, you are required to show proof of residency your first time enrolling for a Deerfield Park District program or activity. Once your household has done this you do not need to repeat the process. This procedure ensures district residents receive priority in enrolling for high demand activities.
Proof of Residency includes BOTH:
- A current residential utility bill (gas, electric, or water, no phone bills are accepted) with your name stating your mailing address and service address as being the same.
- A valid driver’s license or other photo identification containing your current address.
Documentation can be brought to the registration office at Jewett Park Community Center, Patty Turner Center or Sachs Recreation Center during normal business hours.
Resident & Special School District #109 and #113 Rates
Resident rates will apply to those who live within the Park District boundaries. If a participant does not live within the park district boundaries but enrolls in a program that is held at a District 109 or 113 school and they reside in that school district, then they pay the resident rate for that program.
If you select a class and it’s full, you may be put on a waiting list at no charge. We will notify you of all class placements, cancellations, and/or changes, and full payment is due immediately if you are enrolled from the waitlist.
Priority Registration for Deerfield Park District Residents
People who live within the boundaries of the Deerfield Park District always have first priority in our registration process. However, having a Deerfield address does not always mean that you are a resident of our Park District. Program brochures are sent to the 60015 zip code, but this can include areas that are not part of the Deerfield Park District.
Residents experiencing difficulty paying program fees should contact the Park District.
Contributions to Grants-in-Aid
Checking the box when you register allows registrants to make a voluntary contribution to the Deerfield Park Foundation for our Grants-in-Aid (Scholarship) Fund. The fund is used for people who are in serious financial need to participate in park district programs. The Board of Park Commissioners has a policy that no person will be denied access to recreation programs or facilities because of an inability to pay fees. Please know that the program is strictly confidential and is closely monitored by the Director of Recreation. We appreciate your support.
Refunds for Recreation Programs
A recreation program is defined as a program in which park district personnel teach activities or skills over a period of two or more class meetings. Sports leagues, camps, preschool, After School Club, trips, special events, season passes and one-day classes and workshops are considered special refund categories.
- A refund may be obtained two (2) business days prior to the first day of class. A 10 percent service charge ($5 minimum, $10 maximum) will be deducted from the amount paid for the program(s).
- Once a program or class begins, and prior to its ending, you may request a prorated refund based on the number of classes attended and the date the refund request is received. A 10 percent service charge ($5 minimum, $10 maximum) will be assessed.
- If a class is rescheduled, relocated, or changed by the park district, a total refund will be made if requested by the participant.
- Refunds will be offered if a class is canceled or closed by the park district.
- If a participant is dropped from a program at the request and discretion of the district staff, a refund will be made, less prorated cost of classes held.
- In lieu of a refund, participants may transfer money to other currently offered activities. The amount to be transferred (refunded) will be prorated based on the number of classes that have already been held.
- All requests for refunds and/or transfers must be in writing and turned in to the registration office at Jewett Park Community Center.
Please allow up to 10 business days for refunds to be processed. When possible, refund payments will match the original payment method. Refunds for payments by cash or check will be by a check mailed to the person who paid the original balance due. Refunds for credit card payments will be made directly back to the credit card account if possible; otherwise, a check will be mailed to the cardholder.