The Deerfield Park District encourages you to Be Active, Stay Healthy and Have Fun!! Join us this winter as we travel as a community from the Deerfield Park District, around beautiful Lake Michigan, and back to the Deerfield Park District, 836 Jewett Park Drive.
This community-based virtual challenge encourages participants to commit to walking, running, biking, rowing, or otherwise completing the equivalent of the distance as an entire community from the Park District, around Lake Michigan and back, 1,048 miles or 2,096,000 steps.
This virtual challenge begins February 1 and will run through March 31, 2021, to help keep us active during the cold winter season.
All participants will receive Deerfield Park District “swag” items at the end of the event. We are in this together so let us motivate each other and stay active and healthy together as a community!
How the challenge works:
1. Register using activity #231111
2. Make sure your email address is current so our team can check in with you throughout the challenge. Also, all participants will be emailed a link to use to track miles after registration.
3. Beginning February 1, start tracking your daily/weekly miles or steps.
4. A couple of times throughout the month, our team will check in with you to update you on the community’s progress.
5. Questions? Contact Laura McCarty at firstname.lastname@example.org
GOOD LUCK and GO Deerfield!