In accordance with recent guidance released by the CDC, The Governor of Illinois, the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity and the Villages of Deerfield and Riverwoods, the Deerfield Park District has updated its face covering guidelines effective immediately.
The new park district guidelines are based on CDC recommendations which have been adopted by the other agencies listed above and relate to fully vaccinated people. You are considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after your second dose of a two-dose vaccine or 2 weeks after your dose of a one-shot vaccine. The Park District is not tracking visitors and participants for proof of vaccination. By participating in a Deerfield Park District program that does not require a mask, you are truthfully verifying that you are fully vaccinated.
Outdoor Programs and Facilities:
- Fully vaccinated people are not required to wear a mask or social distance (social distancing is still 6 feet)
- Unvaccinated people should wear a mask when social distancing is not possible
- Program specific guidelines for camps, sports and other youth programs will continue to follow DCEO guidance which requires masks in most cases. Park District program participants will be informed when those requirements are updated for each specific program or service.
Indoor Programs and Facilities:
- Children over 2 and under 12 will be required to wear a mask at all times while within Deerfield Park District facilities and programs.
- Fully vaccinated people are not required to wear a mask or social distance in classes, programs and activities unless participating with children under 12.
- Unvaccinated people are required to wear masks and social distance in classes, programs and activities.
- All persons are required to wear masks while in common areas such as bathrooms, hallways, entries and locker rooms.
- Park District staff will continue wearing masks while interacting with customers at counters and reception areas. District staff will wear masks while with all customers under 12 at all times.
- There are specific DCEO guidelines for summer camps which cover distancing and outdoor mask wearing requirements when children cannot socially distance. Current guidelines do not require children to wear masks outdoors if they can socially distance.
- There are specific IDPH guidelines for pools. The guidelines dictate capacity limits within a facility. The current operating model of offering reservations, daily fees and time blocks is designed to abide by those guidelines. If those capacity limits are increased or removed, the Park District will be positioned to offer annual swim passes. Updates will be provided as new guidelines are received.