DEERFIELD PARK DISTRICT AND DEERFIELD HIGH SCHOOL
TENNIS COURT USE REQUIREMENTS
The Deerfield Park District and the Deerfield High School, in coordination with local officials, have opened some tennis courts for public use. As we understand that tennis is a great way to spend time outdoors, we also understand the need to promote social distancing.
Listed below are the requirements for using the tennis courts within the park district and at Deerfield High School:
- Reservations must be made online at https://dfpd.skedda.com/booking . Reservations are free and are available in 1-hour blocks, up to 2 weeks in advance. Please limit yourself to one reservation per day, to allow others the opportunity to play. NOTE: Only you will see your name on the reservation screen, users cannot see names of other who reserved times.
- Only 1 net per set of 2 courts will be available at this time.
- Gates to the court areas will be secured in an open position to reduce frequent touch areas. They will be locked during non-reservation times.
- Only singles play will be permitted at this time.
- Each player should only handle a designated group of tennis balls. The best way to do this would be to have 2 cans of balls, each with a different number marked on the balls.
- Use your racquet or your feet to advance the balls to the other side if they don’t have your designated number on them.
- Refrain from gathering before and after play near the courts or in parking areas.
- Always stay at least 6 feet from other players. Do not make physical contact with any player (such as shaking hands or high fives).
As we continue to work together to reduce the spread of COVID-19, we will look to open more courts for play. Compliance with the rules provided is critical to this opportunity being available and continuing. Failure to comply may result in this opportunity being terminated. Enjoy yourself and please be safe.
Deerfield High School Courts