SRC FITNESS CENTER USE UPDATE AS OF APRIL 19, 2021
Beginning Monday April 19, online reservations for Daily Fitness Center Visits will no longer be required for members and guests. Under IL DCEO guidelines under PHASE 4 of the Restore Illinois Plan, the Sachs Recreation Center can operate at up to 50% of facility capacity. The time blocks to come in and workout are being extended: (Monday-Friday: 5-7:30am, 8-10:30am, 11-1:30pm, 2-4:30pm, 5-7:30pm and Saturday/Sunday: 7-9:30am and 10am-12:30pm). Lap Swim reservations are still required and can be reserved online.
Fitness Center Daily Use Fee: $12 resident / $15 non-resident
Services and Amenities currently available:
The fitness center will include access to the fitness floor cardio equipment, free weight room, Cybex weight room, functional training area, walking/running track, pool (lap swim times must be reserved online) and the gymnasium adjacent to the fitness floor where individual workout areas will be available. Members and guests can use locker rooms and shower facilities during designated time blocks. Hands-free water bottle fillers are available.
Services and Amenities currently not available:
Kids Korner, steam rooms, whirlpool, drinking fountains, towel service and vending machine.
SRC Membership options
FITNESS CENTER MEMBERSHIP
- Membership provides unlimited monthly access to the SRC Fitness Center.
- This includes the Fitness Floor, Weight Rooms, Gym A with fitness equipment, Track and Pool.
- Membership price = $35 Resident / $44 Non-Resident
GROUP EXERCISE MEMBERSHIP
- Membership provides unlimited monthly access to Indoor, Outdoor and Zoom group exercise classes. Plus (100) archived classes in SRC online virtual library
- Members will need to reserve space in Indoor and Outdoor group classes to ensure capacity limits are not exceeded and provide an accurate accounting of attendees
- Membership price = $45 Resident / $54 Non-Resident
- Combines all features of the Fitness Center Membership and the Group Exercise Membership into one all-access membership.
- Membership Types and Pricing
- Individual – $52 Resident / $64 Non-Resident
- Individual (+1) – $91 Resident / $111 Non-Resident
- Individual Senior – $46 Resident / $56 Non-Resident
- Individual Senior (+1) – $83 Resident / $101 Non-Resident
What We’re doing to keep you safe
The safety of our members and guests along with our staff is our top priority. We have always been committed to providing a clean, safe and welcoming facility to the community. In accordance with state and local governmental orders, we are taking extra precautions to stay safe and healthy. This includes extensive cleaning protocols and social distancing practices within the facility.
We have implemented the following procedures to keep you safe and healthy:
- All facility guests and staff must take Covid-19 health screening upon entry before each visit to the Sachs Recreation Center.
- Routine use of electrostatic sprayers applying EPA approved sanitizer to all high touch surfaces maintains high levels of cleanliness.
- Adjustments have been made to all air handling units to allow a maximum amount of fresh air flow into the facility.
- (8) AirPHX (Air Fix) air and surface decontamination systems have been installed in the facility to provide continuous sanitized air flow throughout the building.
- Continuous scheduled sanitization of all facility high traffic areas and high touchpoints throughout the day.
- All staff and facility guests must wear face masks that cover the mouth and nose at all times. Face shields may be worn in conjunction with face masks, but not alone.
- Hands-Free hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the facility.
- All equipment wipe stations are stocked with anti-bacterial wipes.
- Individual sanitizer spray bottles are provided to each fitness center guest to allow for equipment sanitizing before and after each use.
- Extra signage has been placed throughout the facility to help encourage and maintain proper social distancing.
What can you do:
- Protect yourself and others: Wash your hands frequently, use provided hand sanitizer, keep 6 feet apart from others, avoid touching your face, wear your mask
- Stay home if you are sick: Studies show that Covid-19 may be spread by people who are asymptomatic. If you feel any symptoms like fever, cough, shortness of breath or even a little run down, don’t take a chance – please stay home
- Take care of yourself – Try to exercise daily, get outdoors to enjoy the fresh air, eat a balanced diet and get good sleep.