SRC fitness center use Update as of July 28, 2020
Online reservations are required for entry into the SRC. Per the guidelines issued for Phase 4, we will be operating the fitness center at 50% of our normal capacity. All SRC memberships will remain suspended at this time. To ensure capacity limits are maintained, 90-minute pre-reserved time block reservations can be made daily online. Deerfield Park District residents may reserve time blocks 5 full days in advance of reserved date and non-residents may reserve time blocks 4 full days in advance of the reserved date. No walk-ins will be allowed.
Current Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 6a – 6p and Saturday/Sunday 7a – 1p
Special Senior Access: Monday-Friday from 2 – 3:30p is for seniors (65+) only
We have set aside this 90-minute specific time slot for seniors and those residents who are more vulnerable to COVID-19. Reservations can be made online or by contacting the SRC for more information at 847-572-2600.
1. NEW!!!!! Fitness Center Pass valid August 1 – 31
- Pass provides unlimited monthly access to the SRC Fitness Center
- This includes the Fitness Floor, Weight Rooms, Gym A with fitness equipment and Track
- Pass holders will need to reserve a time block before each visit to ensure capacity limits are not exceeded and to provide an accurate accounting of attendees
- Pass price = $35 resident / $44 non-resident
2. Facility Access for Daily Fitness Center Use:
Fitness Center Reservation Fee:
$6 resident / $7 non-resident
Services and Amenities currently available:
The fitness center will include access to the fitness floor cardio equipment, free weight room, Cybex weight room, functional training area, walking/running track and the gymnasium adjacent to the fitness floor where individual workout pods will be available. Fitness center reservations do not include access to indoor and outdoor group exercise classes being held at the center or access to the swimming pool. Locker rooms will be available for restroom and sink use only. Guests should come to the facility dressed in their workout gear with a towel and water bottle. Hands-free water bottle fillers are available in locker rooms.
Services and Amenities currently not available:
Kids Korner, towel service, lockers, showers, steam rooms, drinking fountains and vending machine.
While we await clearance to open the entire facility, we have made available many options utilizing approved IDPH and IL DCEO safety guidance, including social distancing guidelines and equipment sanitation procedures.
What We’re doing to keep you safe
The safety of our members and guests along with our staff is our top priority. We have always been committed to providing a clean, safe and welcoming facility to the community. In accordance with state and local governmental orders, we are taking extra precautions to stay safe and healthy. This includes extensive cleaning protocols and social distancing practices within the facility. In following the Restore Illinois Plan guidelines through the different phases and careful planning, we have begun the process of re-opening the Sachs Recreation Center.
We have implemented the following procedures to keep you safe and healthy:
- Prior to re-opening, the entire facility was sanitized by a contractor using an EPA-registered virus-killing disinfectant
- Facility staff received training on proper use and application of all enhanced sanitizing products
- Continuous scheduled sanitization of all high traffic and high touchpoints throughout the day
- All staff and facility guests must wear face masks/coverings when in the facility
- Hands-Free hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the facility
- All equipment wipe stations are now stocked with anti-bacterial wipes
- Extra signage has been placed throughout the facility to help encourage social distancing
- To adhere to new facility capacity limits and ensure proper distancing, ALL activities within the SRC must be pre-scheduled through our online reservation system.
What can you do:
- Protect yourself and others: Wash your hands frequently, use provided hand sanitizer, keep 6 feet apart from others, avoid touching your face, wear your mask
- Stay home if you are sick: Studies show that Covid-19 may be spread by people who are asymptomatic. If you feel any symptoms like fever, cough, shortness of breath or even a little run down, don’t take a chance – please stay home
- Take care of yourself – Try to exercise daily, get outdoors to enjoy the fresh air, eat a balanced diet and get good sleep.