SRC fitness center use Update as of october 1, 2020
Beginning October 1, the online pre-reservation system for Daily Fitness Center Visits will no longer be used. Under IL DCEO guidelines for PHASE 4 of the Restore Illinois Plan, the Sachs Recreation Center can operate at up to 50% of facility capacity. The time blocks to come in and workout are: (Monday-Friday: 6-7:30am, 8-9:30am, 10-11:30am, 12-1:30pm, 2-3:30pm (65+ Seniors Only), 4-5:30pm, 6-7:30pm and Saturday/Sunday: 7-8:30am, 9-10:30am, 11am-12:30pm). Lap Swim reservations are still required and can be reserved online.
Special Senior Access: Monday-Friday from 2–3:30p is for seniors (65+) only.
We have set aside this 90-minute specific time slot for seniors and those residents who are more vulnerable to COVID-19. Contact the SRC for more information 847-572-2600.
Fitness Center Daily Use Fee: $6 resident / $7 non-resident
Services and Amenities currently available:
The fitness center will include access to the fitness floor cardio equipment, free weight room, Cybex weight room, functional training area, walking/running track, pool (lap swim times must be reserved online) and the gymnasium adjacent to the fitness floor where individual workout pods will be available. Lockers and Showers are available. Towel service is not available. Hands-free water bottle fillers are available.
Services and Amenities currently not available:
Kids Korner, steam rooms, whirlpool, drinking fountains and vending machine.
SRC Membership options
FITNESS CENTER MEMBERSHIP
- Membership provides unlimited monthly access to the SRC Fitness Center.
- This includes the Fitness Floor, Weight Rooms, Gym A with fitness equipment, Track and Pool.
- Membership price = $35 Resident / $44 Non-Resident
GROUP EXERCISE MEMBERSHIP
- Membership provides unlimited monthly access to Outdoor, Indoor and Zoom group exercise classes. Plus (40+) archived classes
- Members will need to reserve space in Outdoor and Indoor group classes to ensure capacity limits are not exceeded and provide an accurate accounting of attendees
- Membership price = $45 Resident / $54 Non-Resident
- Combines all features of the Fitness Center Membership and the Group Exercise Membership into one all access membership.
- Membership Types and Pricing
- Individual – $52 Resident / $64 Non-Resident
- Individual (+1) – $91 Resident / $111 Non-Resident
- Individual Senior – $46 Resident / $56 Non-Resident
- Individual Senior (+1) – $83 Resident / $101 Non-Resident
What We’re doing to keep you safe
The safety of our members and guests along with our staff is our top priority. We have always been committed to providing a clean, safe and welcoming facility to the community. In accordance with state and local governmental orders, we are taking extra precautions to stay safe and healthy. This includes extensive cleaning protocols and social distancing practices within the facility. In following the Restore Illinois Plan guidelines through the different phases and careful planning, we have begun the process of re-opening the Sachs Recreation Center.
We have implemented the following procedures to keep you safe and healthy:
- Prior to re-opening, the entire facility was sanitized by a contractor using an EPA-registered virus-killing disinfectant
- Facility staff received training on proper use and application of all enhanced sanitizing products
- Continuous scheduled sanitization of all high traffic and high touchpoints throughout the day
- All staff and facility guests must wear face masks/coverings when in the facility
- Hands-Free hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the facility
- All equipment wipe stations are now stocked with anti-bacterial wipes
- Extra signage has been placed throughout the facility to help encourage social distancing
- To adhere to new facility capacity limits and ensure proper distancing, ALL activities within the SRC must be pre-scheduled through our online reservation system.
What can you do:
- Protect yourself and others: Wash your hands frequently, use provided hand sanitizer, keep 6 feet apart from others, avoid touching your face, wear your mask
- Stay home if you are sick: Studies show that Covid-19 may be spread by people who are asymptomatic. If you feel any symptoms like fever, cough, shortness of breath or even a little run down, don’t take a chance – please stay home
- Take care of yourself – Try to exercise daily, get outdoors to enjoy the fresh air, eat a balanced diet and get good sleep.