To Be Announced
To Be Announced
First and Second Grade Basketball Leagues
This program is an introductory basketball league. Each session will be 90 minutes each Saturday. There will be a 30minute practice followed by a game. The games will be 4 quarters, 6 minutes in each quarter. There will be a time-out/substation after 3 minutes to ensure all kids have equal playing time. The volunteer coaches will be on the court teaching the kids. Emphasis will be on developing skills such as dribbling, shooting and passing. We will also work on teamwork and playing as a team. Teams will be made based on the schools the kids attend.
Youth Basketball League
Boys and Girls will have the opportunity to learn and improve their skills in this program. There will be one team practice during the week for one-hour and a one-hour game on Saturday. All children registered will receive equal playing time. Teams will focus on fundamentals of basketball including shooting, passing, dribbling, and teamwork.
High School Basketball House League
In this program, you will have the opportunity to play with and against your friends in a friendly environment. There will be one team practice during the week for one-hour and a one-hour game on Saturday. All children registered will receive equal playing time. All teams will qualify for the end of the season tournament.
Parent Information Meeting
There will be a virtual parent information meeting on Thursday October 14th from 6:30-7:30pm. Every parent of a child who is registered in the Youth Basketball League should attend this meeting. At this meeting the following areas will be covered: program goals, expected behaviors and responsibilities, and the philosophy of the program.
- HAVE FUN!
- Skill development.
- Social development – meet new friends and learn how to interact positively with others in a team environment.
- Develop good sportsmanship – positive attitudes and attributes that can be applied to everyday life.
Practices & Games
- Each team will be assigned one 1-hour practice on a weeknight at area schools. Practice will be held after 6:30 PM.
- Practices are assigned based on coach preferences. Please note any days that your child cannot practice on the player information form. Contact the park district for options if there is a conflict with your assigned practice time.
- Practices will begin the week of November 1.
- Each team will play one, 1-hour game per week on Saturdays scheduled within the range of times printed in this brochure.
- NO REQUESTS WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR ANY GRADE LEVEL.
- Skill evaluations (not try-outs) are run for the purpose of distributing talent as evenly as possible throughout the league. As much as we try, this is not a scientific process.
- Every player should attend their skill evaluation time listed on Thursday, October 21 or Saturday, October 23 at Sachs Recreation Center.
- A player information form must be filled out with basketball registration.
All children in the league must attend skill evaluations. You only have to attend one evaluation date. Coaches should be on hand to rate the kids. The skill evaluations will be held on Thursday October 21 and Saturday, October 23, at Sachs Recreation Center.
Thursday, October 21, at Sachs Recreation Center
- 3rd & 4th Grade Girls & Boys: 4:00-4:45pm
- 5th & 6th Grade Girls: 5:00-5:45pm
- 5th & 6th Grade Boys: 6:00-6:45pm
- 7th & 8th Grade Boys: 7:00-7:45pm
- High School Boys: 8:00-8:45pm
Saturday, October 23, at Sachs Recreation Center
- 3rd & 4th Grade Girls: 9:00-9:45am
- 3rd & 4th Grade Boys: 10:00-10:45am
- 5th & 6th Grade Girls: 11:00-11:45am
- 5th & 6th Grade Boys: 12:00-12:45pm
- 7th & 8th Grade Boys: 1:00-1:45pm
- High School Boys: 2:00-2:45pm
Coach information Meetings
All meetings will cover league specific information and are at the Sachs Recreation Center. Dates and times are as follows:
Monday, October 25:
- 3rd & 4th Grade Boys: 6:30-7:30 pm
Tuesday, October 26:
- 3rd & 4th Grade Girls: 6:30-7:30 pm
- 5th & 6th Grade Girls: 7:30-8:30 pm
Wednesday, October 27:
- 5th & 6th Grade Boys: 6:30-7:30 pm
Thursday October 28:
- 7th & 8th Grade Boys: 6:30 – 7:30 PM
- High School Boys: 7:30 – 8:30 PM
League Registration will not be accepted after Monday, October 25 at 12:00 p.m.
Any player registration brought in after October 22 will be placed on a wait list and placed, if possible, after the team selection process is completed (Friday, October 29).
Volunteer coaches staff our youth basketball league teams. The basketball program requires a lot of energy from a thoughtful, creative, concerned group of volunteer coaches comprised of parents and other adults who love sports and instructing children.
Effective coaches fully support a positive youth sports philosophy in their attitude and behavior at practice, games and events. You help the players learn skills, discuss fair play and most of all, have fun. Look at coaching as an opportunity not only to teach sports skills, but also to achieve something far more significant –helping children reach their full potential.
Interested volunteer coaches, should fill out a Coach Application. Download the application above or pick one up at the registration desk at 836 Jewett Park Drive.