COVID-19 Operational Update Sachs Recreation Center Members, Guests and Program Participants
On December 31, 2021, the Cook County Department of Public Health clarified its Mitigation Order 2021-11 to specify what will be allowed in youth athletics. The clarifying language states that the following are exempt from the order:
- An individual 18 years of age or younger who enters a business subject to this order to participate in an activity sponsored by a school, park district, childcare or after school program, or other organizations as defined in the guidance by the Cook County Department of Public Health
- Youth or adults participating in special recreation programs
- Spectators of indoor sporting events provided that no food or drink is being served and that they remain masked at all times
Masking requirements are still in place in these facilities. Other fitness facilities in these buildings such as fitness centers for individual workouts or group classes for adults are still covered under the masking and vaccination orders.
As a result of the updated order, the following requirements will be in effect starting January 3, 2022:
- SRC members over 18 years old will need to show proof of being fully vaccinated one time and their household accounts will be updated. No copies of the actual vaccination record will be kept on file.
- SRC Daily Fitness, Group Exercise or other daily program participants over 18 years old will need to show proof of being fully vaccinated for each visit.
Proof of vaccination can be shown in the following ways:
- A CDC COVID 19 Vaccination Record Card
- Immunization record from the state where the vaccinations were given
- A digital or physical photo of such a card or record that includes the individual’s name, the vaccine administered and vaccination dates
Further COVID 19 Mitigation guidance will be provided as it is received. Thank you for your patience and cooperation. Please call Sachs Recreation Center with any questions: 847-572-2600