Deerfield Park District
COVID-19 Community Update on Park District Operations
November 19, 2020
As we move into Phase 4 Tier 3 Mitigations of the Restore Illinois Plan effective November 20, 2020, we are providing updates to park district operations, facility use and programming.
Park District Indoor Recreation Programs:
- Changing indoor recreation programs to virtual programs when possible (participants will be contacted by individual instructors in case of format change).
- Classes that are not moving to a virtual format are postponed until mid-December and will be re-evaluated for potential make-up sessions.
Out of an abundance of caution, the Deerfield Park District Preschool will be closed until January 4, 2020.
Our Remote Enrichment Care Program will continue to operate.
Jewett Park Community Center Registration Desk:
Beginning Friday, November 20 through the end of December, reservations are required to visit the registration desk at Jewett Park Community Center. Reservations will be available between 9 am – 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. You must have a reservation to enter the building. Please use the upper-level east doors to enter the building. Face masks are required for entry into the building. Use this link to make a reservation: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0E4EACAC28A0F58-jewett1
Skate Park, Dog Park, Outdoor Shelters and Ice Skating Rinks:
- Gatherings are limited to 10 or less people.
- Face coverings are required when visiting these amenities.
We encourage all park visitors to wear face coverings.
Patty Turner Center:
All onsite programs are postponed. We are continuing to offer virtual programs.
Sachs Recreation Center:
Face coverings required for the entire duration of your visit.
Fitness Center (Fitness Floors, Weight Rooms and Track) –
- Reservations required for use.
- A 21 person maximum per 1 ½ hour time slot allowed.
Lap Swim –
- Reservations required for lap swim.
- 1 on 1 swim lessons will be available in early December.
- 1 on 1 private tennis lessons will continue. Reservations required
- No court reservations/rentals are available.
- All classes for adults and youths are postponed until mid-December and will be re-evaluated for potential make-up sessions.
Rhythmic Gymnastics – Programs are postponed until mid-December and will be re-evaluated for potential make-up sessions.
Gymnasium Use – Available for 1 on 1 training only. Reservations required
Indoor Group Exercise Classes – Not Available
Outdoor Group Exercise Classes – Reservations required with group size maximum of 10 people.
Personal Training – Reservations required for 1 on 1 sessions only.
Locker Rooms – Closed
Further information on programs and services will be updated on the district’s website. We appreciate your compliance.