Mitchell Pool will open on Monday, July 6 for public swim for Deerfield Park District residents only. To participate in public swim, you must purchase a ticket. Tickets can be purchased beginning Friday, July 3 online or beginning Monday, July 6 at Jewett Park Community Center. Tickets will be available to purchase throughout the season online or at the Jewett Park Community Center. Without a ticket, you will not be able to swim. Walk-ups will not be allowed.
Public swim will be offered in two-hour time blocks and reservations will be required to participate in public swim. Each public swim time block can accommodate a total of 50 people. Each household can purchase up to 10 tickets for a single time block each day. Payment will be due at the time of reservation ($9 per person for daily fee admission).
Time blocks will be available for reservation 5 calendar days in advance and can be made beginning at 9 am. For example, if you would like to swim on a Saturday, reservations can be made the Monday prior beginning at 9 am.
Time blocks can only be reserved online or at the Jewett Park Community Center. Reservations cannot be made at Mitchell Pool.
When checking in at the pool for entry, all people in your group for whom tickets have been purchased, must check-in and enter through the pool entrance gate at the same time.
Due to the number of “touch surfaces”, the kiddie pool will not be open during the 2020 season. The main pool with the zero-depth entry and the diving well will open.
Face coverings will be required when entering the facility, while in the locker rooms and common areas and while on the pool deck. Lounge chairs will not be available; however, patrons are welcome to bring their own chairs. Concessions will not be available and outside food will not be permitted.
*Log in your household account to be sure you are ready in advance. If you have registered for any park district program in the past you already have an account, so click on the Forgot Username link instead of creating a new one. Email us at email@example.com for assistance.
Here is what to expect when you visit Mitchell Pool. We cannot wait to see you!
Have your ticket ready to show on your phone or printed out on paper. Arrive no more than 5-10 minutes prior to your scheduled time block.
Only bring what you need to swim: keys, water bottle, lounge chairs, towel, swimsuit; lockers will not be available to store items. Locker rooms will be open for shower and restroom use only.
Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult age 18 or older.
Face coverings will be required to enter the facility and while in common areas (i.e. locker rooms and pool deck). You will not be allowed to enter the facility without a face covering.
Life jackets are permitted but need to be coast guard approved.
As you wait in line, please remember to keep a safe social distance.
Are you currently experiencing any symptoms associated with COVID-19:
- Do you have a fever of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher?
- Do you have a cough?
- Do you have a sore throat?
- Have you been having trouble breathing or shortness of breath?
- Do you have muscle aches?
- Have you had a new or unusual headache (e.g., not typical to the individual)?
- Have you noticed a new loss of taste or loss of smell?
- Have you been experiencing chills or rigors (i.e., a sudden feeling of cold with shivering accompanied by a rise in temperature)?
- Do you have any gastrointestinal concerns (e.g., abdominal, pain, vomiting, diarrhea)?
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Is anyone in your household suspected of having COVID-19 (e.g., has symptoms and is seeking a diagnosis, has been sent for testing, etc.)
- To the best of your knowledge, in the last 14 days, have you come into close contact with anyone who has tested positive for or been diagnosed with COVID-19?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, please DO NOT enter the facility to prevent the spread of illness.