Deerfield Park District COVID-19
Community Update on Phase 4 Additional Services
June 25, 2020
We have finally reached Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois Plan for the COVID-19 pandemic. Thank you all for helping us get to this Phase. This Phase permits us to provide additional services and programs. Listed below are just a few highlights of these allowances:
- On July 6, facility hours expand to 6 am to 6 pm Monday – Friday and 7 am to 1 pm on Saturdays and Sundays. Time blocks throughout the day will be available for reservations. No walk-ins are permitted.
- On July 6, Indoor Fitness classes (Studios, Gyms and Aqua) will resume.
- On July 6 Lap swim expands to 7 days a week availability. Reservations are required. No walk-ins are permitted.
- On July 6, gym rentals for individuals and groups will be available.
- To register for current and future fitness options and classes offered through Sachs Recreation Center, visit our registration page. *Log in your household account to be sure you are ready in advance. If you have registered for any park district program or Sachs Recreation Center membership in the past you already have an account, so click on the Forgot Username link instead of creating a new one. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Golfers may ride in the same cart with masks recommended.
- The golf course clubhouse deck will remain open for dining and limited indoor seating will be available.
- Competitive games are now permitted. Areas for spectators will be designated with proper distancing measures implemented.
Jewett Park Community Center
- The Community Center will open on June 29 for registration services. Hours will be Monday -Friday 9 am to 5 pm.
- The majority of park amenities are open. Public restrooms will open July 1. Playgrounds remain closed until the state guidelines provide us permission to open. We hope that will be soon!
- The Patty Turner Center will re-open on Monday, August 17 with small group programs. The popular Virtual Programming will continue through August.
- The renovation project is near completion.
- The ballfields will remain closed through at least July as the sod and seed will need to establish.
- The skatepark will be open once the construction in that area of the park is complete.
- Summer Camps are on schedule to run July 6 – August 7 at Jewett Park Community Center and at District 109 schools.
Mitchell Pool will open July 6 for lap swim, swim lessons for children 5 and under and Coho Swim team practice. Once we receive Phase 4 guidelines from the Illinois Department of Public Health for open swim, open swim sessions will be offered. *Log in your household account to be sure you are ready in advance. If you have registered for any park district program in the past you already have an account, so click on the Forgot Username link instead of creating a new one. Email us at email@example.com for assistance.
As with all of our programs and services, please check our website and Facebook page for new and additional information. Thank you again for your perseverance in helping us get to Phase 4.