On Wednesday, May 27 at 7:00 p.m., the Deerfield Park District will conduct a meeting to hear feedback about parks and facilities accessibility. Due to the status of restrictions on public gatherings due to the Coronavirus, the meeting will be conducted in Zoom.
The park district retained the WT Group (WTG) Accessibility Practice in late 2019 to develop a transition plan, one of the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). A transition plan identifies access barriers and phases the retrofit work out over a period of time. John McGovern leads the Accessibility Practice at WTG and he will coordinate this 90-minute meeting. In the meeting, we will:
- Review key ADA requirements for parks and facilities
- Discuss the importance of community feedback in establishing retrofit priorities
- Share observations of access barriers viewed at Deerfield Park District sites
- Ask for the access preferences and priorities of the members of the public in attendance
- Close with a discussion about next steps for the district
There is no limit on attendees, and registration is not required. The meeting will be recorded. Deerfield Park District is a partner district within the Northern Suburban Special Recreation Association (NSSRA) and NSSRA is also announcing this meeting and inviting attendees.
Use this link to join the meeting from a computer or smart phone: https://zoom.us/j/91283473516?pwd=ZG1MdzY0R2dtS0Z4M3ZBZTlTNkh4Zz09.
If there are any questions, reach Jay Zahn at 847-572-2670 or email@example.com. Thanks in advance for helping the park district with your feedback.